top of page


  • Where are you located?
    The GSARC currently operates as a Foster-Based Organization. We do not have a physical location at this time. If interested in an animal available for adoption, please contact us via phone or email.
  • Does the GSARC take in strays?
    The GSARC does not currently take in stray animals from the public. If you have found a stray, you must contact your local animal control for assistance.
  • What do I do if I found someone’s pet?
    First, try to find the owner yourself. Most pets do not wander far and it is best for the pet to get home as quickly as possible. Post flyers around your neighborhood, read the Lost ads in the newspaper, and notify your local police department. ​ please contact your police department or health department to arrange for your town’s animal control officers (ACO) to bring the strays to the appropriate animal shelter. Every town has contracts with different animal shelters and your police or health department will know which shelter has their contract.
  • What do I do if I lost my pet?
    Call your local police department and ask them which shelter takes strays from your town. If animal control picks up your pet, you will then know where he/she would be taken. Although you can call that shelter and ask if they have your pet, it is always best to visit the shelter in person to see for yourself since only you know what your pet looks like.
  • What is the adoption process like?
    In order to adopt a pet from the GSARC, you need to submit an adoption application called a "Matchmaker Profile" Once our Adoption Counselors review your application, you will be contacted for the interview portion that is completed by telephone. Once you are approved, we will talk with you and help find the perfect match for your family.
  • How do I surrender (bring in or give up) my animal?
    If you wish to turn your pet into us, please call us to make an appointment. THIS CAN BE DONE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We only accept surrenders on a case by case basis and there will be a surrender fee involved.
  • What do I do if I suspect someone of animal cruelty?
    If you would like to report suspected cruelty to animals, please call your local police department and speak with the Humane Law Enforcement Officer.
  • What do I do if I find injured wildlife?
    Contact your local animal shelter or animal control for assistance.
bottom of page